Monday, May 5, 2014

Liner Vs Non Linear Time - Final Project


Time Final: Linear vs. Non Linear Time


Plexiglass/Alternative processes:


For my assignment I want to create a glacier made out of translucent plexiglass and have chemical photo processes on each panel portraying a flower that gradually loses each bud as it goes around the glacier in a non-linear motion. Inside the glacier I want to add a full flower, a not full flower, and the buds form the not full flower

Alternative Processes

Apply Chemical onto surface, let it dry, then
expose under a light source, wash it
And you will get an image
Chemical I will use:
Van Dyke Brown (silver nitrate)
  OR
Cyanotype (ammonium iron(lll) citrate and
Potassium ferricyanide)




Plexiglass

For the Plexiglass, I plan on gluing somewhat

small pieces of plexiglass together with plexi glue
and forming them into a prism glacier






Flower in sculpture

I then want to place a full flower with all
of its buds, a flower with no buds
at all, and have the petals of that
flower on the inside of the glacier
as well



Sources



No comments:

Post a Comment